We’ve had another great year at Guggenheim! Thanks to your continued support and the hard work of all our parent volunteers, here are a few of the things we’ve accomplished together here at Guggenheim:
* Purchased and installed a brand-new swing set for the K-2 playground
* Purchased playground recess equipment for all students, including balls, jump ropes & sidewalk chalk
* Arranged for re-painting of blacktop games and USA map on K-2 playground
* Provided funding for field trips for all grades, including fourth-grade SoundWaters boat trip, Kindergarten trip to Queens Zoo, fifth-grade NYC trip, and more
* Planned & funded new PARP Cultural Diversity Night, and accompanying Sol y Sombre Dance assembly for all students
* Organized and funded Guggenheim STEAM Night and End-of-Year Picnic
* Wrote & collaborated on seven Ed Foundation and HEARTS grant proposals to create new enrichment programs and extracurricular clubs at Guggenheim, including the brand-new Guggenheim STEM Club, beginning Fall 2018
* Spearheaded and funded Guggenheim’s front entrance beautification project
* Collected & distributed clothing at Spring Clothing Drive, for local families in need
* Organized & staffed Spring Book Fair, Plant Sale, Ladies Night Out, & Port Fest Booth
* Represented & advocated for Guggenheim at district BOE meetings, Diversity Committee meetings, Budget and Facilities meetings, and Curriculum Committee meetings.
Please join us in welcoming our new incoming HSA co-President Nicoletta Gargas, and the following 2018-2019 HSA Board members who’ve volunteered their time and effort to keep all of the above initiatives, and many more, going strong:
VPs Communications: Jennifer Cincu & Matt Pagano; VPs Enrichment and Community Relations: Sharon Sisimit & Joyce Armstrong; VPs Fundraising: Linda Kulla & Sarah Kolb; VPs Membership and Class Parents: Jennifer Abrahmov & Elissa Rotolo; VPs 5th Grade Festivities: Erica Buckley & Robyn Doubert; VP Kindergarten Festivities: Stacey Manzino; Treasurer: Gina LaRussa; and Secretary: Evelyn Gabriel.
And a very special thank you to our outgoing HSA past-President Lisa Spiryda, whose years of leadership and tireless dedication have had a tremendous impact on our school.
Have a wonderful summer everyone---and see you in September!
Annie Thornton and Lauren De Jana
Guggenheim HSA co-Presidents
Place your order for school supplies now!! We have once again teamed up with Supplies to Please to make school supply shopping easier than ever.
Visit their website www.suppliestoplease.com and log in with the following information.
User name: Guggenheim
Either follow instructions to order online, or print an order form by copying and pasting this link to your browser to order by mail and to pay by check https://suppliestoplease.com/orderforms/2018/Orderform2018_Guggenheim.pdf
Supplies will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom and will be waiting for them on the first day of school. No need to pick them up and bring them back to school and no need for your child to have to carry them on the first day - could not be any easier!!! Order now!!!
Any questions please contact Linda Kulla at email@example.com
Order your Personalized Name Labels Here!
Spring is here and you know what that means!!! Yes it is time to start cleaning and organizing your kids for the Summer!!! Whether it is day camp, sleepaway camp, the pool or the playground losing items has happened to all of us. Personalized labels can be a huge help and a great fundraiser for our school. Follow the link below to order:
Any questions reach out to Robyn Doubert firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all volunteers to help write grants for Guggenheim:
HEARTS grant application https://www.heartspw.org/grant-application.html & Ed Foundation grant application http://theedfoundation.org/grants-programs
Contact Annie at email@example.com
The Guggenheim HSA is a school-parent partnership designed to pick up where the district’s budgetary limitations leave off. With your support, our fundraisers provide our kids:
Don’t forget -- Support Guggenheim School and the HSA while you shop! We are registered as a participating charity in Amazon Smiles, so Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase price towards our organization when you shop through this link: smile.amazon.com Select Guggenheim HSA