The Guggenheim HSA Executive Board consists of parent volunteers in various positions as well as
three teacher representatives.
The Guggenheim HSA runs many events throughout the year. There are Fundraising events to
raise money to help the students and the school obtain items that are not accessible with the school operating budget. Our Enrichment and Outreach drives enable the students to help our
community as well as charities from abroad and teaches them to help the environment. Our Communication Committees spread the word of all that is going on at Guggenheim and our 5th Grade Festivities
committee helps the 5th grade teachers provide a wonderful “senior” year at Guggenheim.
We want to share all the great activities, events, and
projects we have completed together this year.
Guggenheim HSA provides funding for student activities
- Cultural Arts programs like Dancing Classrooms, Author visits and assemblies
- PARP, Math Night and STEAM Night
HSA funds events such as:
- Welcome-Back Picnic, End-of-Year Picnic, Port Fest, Family Fun Night
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
HSA furnishes the following gifts and projects:
- Class Trips: Planting Fields, Hofstra, Planetarium, Shiro, Festival of Cultures, Fire Island Lighthouse, Cold
Spring Harbor Whaling Museum, and lots MORE!
- Grade level enrichment – Biobus, Story Pirates, Kindergarten class chick incubators
- Piano accompaniment for winter and spring concerts
- Birthday bulletin board in lobby
- Fish pond and maintenance
- Student planners for all students in grade 3-5
- Classroom rugs
- Sunshine Fund provides staff gifts for new baby, wedding, sympathy
- Angels program providing necessities for Guggenheim families in need
- Community Outreach: Clothing Drive/Coat Drive/Personal Pantry Drive
HSA reps regularly attend:
- Advocacy for new roof, to be replaced this summer
- BOE Committee meetings, Parent Council meetings
- School and district staff and administration meetings to represent and advocate for Guggenheim’s
- District-wide cultural arts, community outreach, and safety and substance abuse meetings